Friday, June 1, 2012

Itsy Bitsy

The itsy bitsy spider crawled up the water spout...
too bad the spider I found crawling in my bathroom this morning was not itsy bitsy
neither was the one I battled in my bedroom last week...
Why can't my apartment be infested with LADY BUGS or potato bugs 
or some other harmless bug
but no....instead we get invaders like this guy we found last week:
not fun. 
So if you aren't fond of sharing your living space with these creatures either...
I have some tips & rules to follow when assassinating them. 
Rule #1: 
If you see it.. DO NOT let it out of your sight..if you do it will disappear somehow somewhere. 
Rule #2:
Do not let it somehow come in contact with you. 

With these in mind here are my tips and tricks..
  • If combating a spider on the floor or low on a wall...Spray with hairspray (preferably aerosol) this will immobilize the spider so you can smash it without it running off plus it helps to distance you from it. You can also use any cleaner such as windex or lysol. 
    • Also, the vacuum also works well in this situation...use a hose extension to distance yourself from it....and then turn it on and suck it up! Suck up some other things afterwards....you can never be too careful. 
  • If it is in the sink or tub....scald it with super hot water 92% of the time this will kill it...the other 8% it cripples it so you can smash it. 
  • If it is up high or in some remote corner on your ceiling....hopefully you have a swiffer handy....because these work perfect when combating in this situation if not find some way to get it on the ground or wall and use any of the methods above. 
  • If running across the floor or carpet and are wearing shoes...stomping is a good way to do it...
    • shoes also work well for general smashing the more flat and the less ridges the better..
      • books & magazines also work well, but if you don't want to risk getting guts all over your beloved literature smashing with them is not recommended. 
  • IF you just want to generally prevent against encounters with them... don't leave clothes on the floor (they love to hide in them), get some spider traps, vacuum often make sure to get in the corners and behind furniture, don't leave your doors open. 
I apologize if you believe some of the things above are harsh. 
BUT
just remember spiders like to hide in your sheets and bite you when you least expect it
so just think of it as defending yourselves because
FUN FACT: all spiders are indeed poisonous. 

I wish you all luck and may you be safe. 

Love, 
Emily Sue 


8 comments:

  1. emily! you have a blog?? this is fabulous! and it is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY SARA :) ya I have a blog! Thanks so much you should follow me! DO you have a blog?

      Delete
  2. hahaha Like you don't write on here for centuries, and then when you finally do, it's about bugs. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to make up for that somehow! ;) my apologies

      Delete
  3. Key points I'd like to reiterate:
    "NEVER let them out of your sight. If you do- they will disappear." -and be left, alive, in your apartment.
    "Be sure to vacuum up some other stuff too. You can never be too careful"
    As much as I don't want to say this- we probably will be bug experts by the end of the summer. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya.....unfortunately I would have to agree with you!

      Delete
  4. I hate that you sent that awful picture to me. I ignored it on purpose.
    rude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahhahahaha! I thought you never got it.

      Delete