Thursday, June 14, 2012

What If....

What if...
Is a question I find myself asking frequently.
Especially as of late. 
I fill in the blank with things such as...
What if...
I didn't transfer to Utah State? 
What if...
 I loved art and hated science? 
What if...
 I had gone to USU my freshman year? 
What if...
 I didn't pursue a Biochemistry degree? 
What if...
 I dropped out? 
What if...
 my parents hadn't got divorced? 
What if...
 I decided to be an author/culinary master and own my own restaurant/bookshop?
What if...
 I had never played soccer?
What if...
 I wasn't LDS? 
What if...What if...What if... 
(the list could go on and on)
At this time in my life...
 marriage announcements fill up the front of my fridge,
replacing the graduation ones that seemed to hang there only yesterday.
My life seems more and more uncertain everyday.
Giving me more and more what if's to ask without any answers. 
Do you ever spend time wondering, "What if?"

OR am I all alone in my crazy thoughts?

Life is but a dream,

Emily Sue

1 comment:

  1. I play the 'what if' game all the time with myself. I can drive myself CRAZY. I always have to remind myself that the Lord is always helping me with ever decision if I remember to take it to Him. You are on an amazing path and loved by many!

    ReplyDelete