Thursday, April 28, 2011

the Call.


This is completely new to me. 
Never before have I been this anxious about a piece of somebody else's mail.
This one was determinate..
It was a call from the Lord. 
Questions flooded my impatient mind..

Where is He going?
What is He speaking?
How soon is He leaving?

Of course the one I am fretting the most over is...
HOW SOON...
tell me the date... 
let me know how much longer do I get to have you with me,
but the ones He was probably most concerned about 
were the "where" and "what language".
I was concerned with the "where" only because it affected the when He leaves.
I waited anxiously all day pondering over all of the different scenarios...
each with its pros and cons.
Telling myself the Lord knows where He needs him and when so not to worry..
but then still worrying and wondering anyways. 
Finally, around three, I got the opportunity to talk to Him 
and put my theories to rest. 

Knowing me well, He reads the date first to put my restless mind at ease:
August 10 (YES! We have the summer!)

Language came next:
Portugese (so exciting!)

then came the where:
Cape Verde (a small chain of islands off the African coast)

This is perfect everything about it is perfect. 
I know it is meant to be. 
My worries and frets are instantly deemed meaningless...
they're all lost within excitement and relief.
The Lord always knows exactly what He is doing. 
(I on the other hand do not, hence all the pointless worrying.)
Like I said at the start this was a first for me, but then again
 He is a first for me. 
He is different (in all the right ways). 
He is my BEST friend, 
We are going to have the BEST summer, 
and 
He is going to be the BEST missionary. 

Love,
Emily Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment