Sunday, April 3, 2011

Worth a Shot

The only guns I had ever held before this weekend were:
 -squirt guns 
-nerf guns
-rubber band guns
& BB guns. 
However, today...my dear friend Nate and I
 traversed up the mountain 
Where he taught me how to "cock, lock, and load"
a 12 gage shot gun 
his 22! 
He let me shoot both of them, which I had never done before. 
Not going to lie the shot gun scared me at first...
each time we shot it the sound of the blast reverberated throughout the entire canyon
(meanwhile deafening our ear drums). 
What I learned:
-hold shotguns very tight so the kick doesn't hurt
-possibly consider bringing ear plugs and targets
-shot guns blow things to smithereens 
- if your shoulder doesn't hurt afterwards...it will hurt the next morning...guaranteed 
-don't point your gun at anything you don't want to shoot...ever!
-you cannot load guns as fast as they do in C.O.D. without a ton of practice
-going shooting with guys is fun and educational if you get the chance to go 
Do It. 
Love,
Emily Sue

P.S. Here are some of the highlights of our venture: 
beautiful sunset

yup..we're outlaws.

in my sights.



shells as a souvenir/memory

1 comment: