Thursday, February 24, 2011

Settle for a Slowdown

On normal days I usually hate red lights...I hate having to stop my momentum and come to a stop. I love racing through five green lights in a row and getting to my destination as soon as possible. I always drive 5 over the limit and hate driving behind someone slow. 
However....
On occasion...
On those rare special occasions..
When I am with the best of friends...
driving around singing and having the best conversations...
I can always settle for a slowdown.
When I'm with them, I don't mind driving exactly the speed limit
and in moments like that I don't mind coming to a stop at a red light.
I actually enjoy it. 
and you want to know why?
because in that moment that red light means...
I get to spend that much more time with my friends doing what I love
 and in a sense
I get to STOP time and just be there with them.
With all the love my heart can muster, 
Emily Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment